Many of the quotes you see posted as you scroll through your social media feeds are meant to inspire people and make them feel strong enough to handle anything life throws at them.
We know that these quotes about strength in hard times must really resonate with our customers. The people who receive our gifts have to be brave and strong in the hardest of circumstances – it’s a mindset they need to embrace to get through life’s most difficult challenges.
Some of our customers share their stories with us about who they're sending our gift packages to or what gift they received (like Colleen from New York, who wrote us about the sympathy gift she sent to a friend who lost her husband), and it is so inspiring. Our gift recipients are the strong ones. They are the people who need a little uplift, a little support, a little joy, and a little love, which is what we try to put in every single one of our packages.
As a reminder to ourselves of the bravery we see in our customers, we turn to these 10 quotes about strength in hard times as motivation:
1. "A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
- Christopher Reeve
2. "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
- Mahatma Gandhi
3. "Still, I rise."
- Maya Angelou
4. "If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl. But whatever you do, you do have to keep moving forward."
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. "Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go."
- Herman Hesse
6. "The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow."
- Robert Tew
7. "Nothing is so strong as gentleness; nothing is as gentle as strength."
- St. Francis De Sales
8. "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
- A.A. Milne
9. "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
10. "And one has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear."
- Paulo Coelho
Shop our Get Well Gifts to send strength to someone who needs it most.